Monday, March 15, 2010

Filling the Bellies

Hello, and happy Monday! It is a happy one here in SC, because the sun is out and spring is definitely headed our way!

One of the tasks that awaits me at the beginning of each week is menu planning. I take stock of freezer and cupboard and calendar, and figure out dinners for each night. I try to balance a good routine ( spaghetti works well on Cub Scout night) with trying new recipes to add to the rotation.

Mel at My Kitchen Cafe has been a great help with recipes that are delicious, family-pleasing, and pantry-friendly. There are main dishes, desserts, breads and side dishes. She also has posts on menu planning and pantry staples.

I'm not linking to a specific favorite recipe because I've tried many, many of hers and they've all come out well! I just encourage you to head over and explore-- she might have just the thing to make for dinner tonight. We're having this.

Happy cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Missy - you are so sweet! Thanks for the shout out to my blog. I'm so glad you like the blog...and I really hope you like that linguine dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the link.

    enjoy the chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved so many recipes on My Kitchen Cafe'. Great web site. But actually, right now, I'm just wanting one of thouse scrumptious loaves on your counter!!

    ReplyDelete